The CMA Young Artist Award
Chamber Music Adelaide (CMA) has a new initiative to support emerging South Australian classical artists. The CMA Young Artist Award provides development and professional performance opportunities for early career classical instrumentalists and vocalists, supported by generous South Australian philanthropists.
- It is open to South Australian Residents only.
- Age limit is 21-30 years for instrumentalists and 21-35 years for vocalists.
- The Award winner will be offered two or more professional engagements in 2019 with CMA core ensembles, to be determined once the winner is known.
- The inaugural 2018 Award winner will receive a cash prize of $3000, funded by generous South Australian philanthropists.
- The Award winner will be determined by a panel of three professional musicians, convened from the seven CMA-supported ensembles.
Auditions for finalists for the inaugural CMA Young Artist Award will be held in Adelaide during November 2018. Date and Venue to be advised.
Applications for the CMA Young Artist Award close 30 September 2018.
The seven CMA-supported organisations from which the assessment panel will be drawn are • Adelaide Baroque • Ensemble Galante • Kegelstatt Ensemble • Recitals Australia • Soundstream New Music • The Firm • Various People Inc.
To champion this Award for early career classical instrumentalists and vocalists please donate to CMA Public Donation Fund. Click on the button below to donate.